Thursday, September 6, 2012

Course Blog Assignment

I chose the "Simple" template because I like things to simple, neat, and clean.  The "Simple" tablet was perfect for my blog.  For the colors I chose a frost blue for the background, white for the body, and frost blue again for the title background.  I chose these colors because they are very clean, crisp, and cool colors.  Like the title of my blog suggests, I want this blog to portray a relaxing and chill atmoshpere.  The black font color was added so the readers could easily read the material.  The colors represent how I like things to be very clean and simple.  The font I chose for my title was josefin Sans.  I chose this font because I thought it fit the title very well. Like Sans Serif the font is very modern and clean.  For the tab font and post font I chose Arial because it is very easy to read but has a little more personality than Times New Roman.

Like the title of my blog suggests, I want this blog to be a place where people can just take there minds off of work, studying, stress, or whatever.  I hope that this blog serves as a place where people can stop whatever they are doing for about 5 mins and just relax.  As a Penn State student we have lots of work to do.  But its also important to take study breaks now and then, which is the theme I want for this blog.  Websites such as http://howdoiputthisgently.tumblr.com/ and yahoo.com (the news bar) are websites that offered me the 5 min study breaks that I needed.  As for as art, I enjoy art but I dont think my blog says too much about it.  However, I do plan to post info on the arts of music and cinema.  I did not put anything to do with Penn State in this blog at the moment but I am thinking of putting a page for places to visit at Penn State.

I chose to add a link for http://howdoiputthisgently.tumblr.com/.  This website provides thousands of funny virtual memes that are great for a quick study break.  Sometimes I find myself reading memes on this website for more than 30 mins but thats ok!

I decided to add tabs with the following titles, Celebrity Crushes, Nostalgia, and The Best Things in Life.  I added Celebrity Crushes to show my humor side.  I have so many celebrity crushes, im probably the guy that falls in love the easiest.  I added Nostalgia to post the awesome past that we lived in.  Im a person who doesn't like change that much.  I love thinking of the past and all the great memories in it.  In this page I plan to post many 90's generation swag and common feel good memories.

In the About Me page, I added my personal information such as date of birth, highschool, nationality etc.  I added these to allow the readers to know about the generic characteristics about me.  I also added my favorite movies, tv shows, artists, sports teams, food, and things to do.  I added this to show my readers the fun side of myself.  I also added the pros and cons of my personality to show my readers the deeper side of myself.

Overall I like my blog, although its only the begining I hope to build this blog throughout my Penn State career.  I feel like this blog reflects me very well.  While I hope to entertain my readers, I am also using this blog to have a visual representation of myself.  Everything I post, I post because I want my readers to know that "thing" about me.  The blog was actually harder than I thought to make at first, but after an hour of working on it, it became easier.  I hope to get to know myself more through this blog.  I also hope to experience what others think of my posts.  I hope to see a lot of comments agreeing and disagreeing with my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment